A lady's privilege to propose
Leap day may not mean much to us other than an extra day in the calendar but for women who believe an old Irish legend, this day is also known as 'The Ladies' Privilege' day.
If you remember back in 2010, Amy Adams starred in a movie called the 'Leap Year' where she travels to Dublin with the intention of proposing to her boyfriend on leap day, February 29th, because according to Irish folklore, it is tradition that a woman may only propose the marriage on this specific day.
Though many of you might just view the movie as is, did you know that the tradition in the movie is actually practiced in real life? Find out more about this age-old tradition by clicking next.
More from Relationships
- Keep your long distance relationship spicy
- Mother's Day: Why mother knows best
- On Facebook, beauty is more than screen deep
- Shy Hong Kongers urged to have more sex
- 20 ways to get intimacy back in your relationship
- Survey finds more Chinese having pre-marital sex
- Spring clean your life and relationships
- Sexy things you & your partner can do in the dark
- Things Facebook learns from your relationship status changes
- What’s your sex personality?