Shy Hong Kongers urged to have more sex
©AFP PHOTO; Dale de la Rey
(HONG KONG-AFP) - Sex experts are urging Hong Kongers to strip off their reputation as some of the least active lovers in Asia to get more out of their sex lives and overcome challenges of privacy in a cramped city.
"People say Hong Kongers have the least amount of sexual knowledge in the world. One of the reasons is they have no place to have sex," said professor Emil Ng, associate director at the Family Institute of the University of Hong Kong.
Financial pressure, career-driven mentalities and limited space are seen as key drivers of a fertility rate that is one of the lowest in the world by some measures, with an average 1.04 births per woman according to the World Bank.
Ng, who believes monogamy in general is "behind the times", thinks another factor driving Hong Kong's sexual timidity is sky-high property prices.
More from Relationships
- 7 signs that you’re in love
- Top 5 New Year’s resolutions every couple should make
- Christmas kissing tips for under the mistletoe
- When it comes to marriage, ‘follow your gut'
- What being in love does for your body
- 7 common sex problems explained
- Ladies, the bush is back!
- Chic and trendy places to visit
- 12 lies you always hear on first dates
- The recipe for a happy marriage could be in your genes